Tree Giveaway Program
He that plants trees loves others besides himself. -Thomas Fuller
The City of Woodburn is offering residents a free tree to plant on their property through the Urban Forestry Tree Giveaway Program. Beginning November 1, residents within the city limits can apply for a gift certificate to receive a selected free tree. Gift certificates can be redeemed at Al's Garden Center in Woodburn. The Tree Giveaway Program will be open to applicants November to April of each year, or until budgeted funds for the program expire, whichever comes first.
Please note: Out of Cleveland Select Flowering Pear for the season.
- Applicants must reside within the city limits of Woodburn.
- One tree per household, per year.
- Renters are required to obtain property owner authorization.
- Residents who need to replace a street tree on their property will not be eligible for the tree giveaway program.
- Residents who are adding a street tree to their property must first apply for, and receive, a tree planting permit before they are eligible for the tree giveaway program.
- Residents who are wanting to plant the tree in your front yard should contact Beth at 503-982-5388 or email@example.com to determine where the City right-of-way is located on your property.
- Gift certificate must be forfeited to Al's staff at time of redemption.
- Gift certificates will be good for one year from date of issuance.
- Giveaway program will be open Nov-April.
Tree selection options:
Small (15-20 ft. at maturity)-
- Kousa Dogwood
- Japanese Maple
Medium (30-35 ft. at maturity)-
- Sun Valley Red Maple
- Cleveland Select Flowering Pear-Out of this tree for the season.
Large (40 ft. at maturity)-
- Autumn Blaze Maple
- Raywood Ash